Thursday 25 October 2018

One-on-One with Philip Ryken on the Gospel in North America

"Preach that gospel to yourself every day and share it with others as generously as you can."

Ed: How long have you been involved in Lausanne International and what is your current role?

Philip: Although I have long admired the work of the Lausanne Movement—especially the evangelical vision of Billy Graham and the missiological insights of John Stott—I have only become directly involved in recent years.

My first event was the 2013 Global Leadership Forum, held in Bangalore, India, as a follow up to Cape Town 2010. I am looking forward to attending next summer’s Global Workplace Forum in Manila, Philippines. For the past several years I have served on Lausanne’s Board of Directors. It is a privilege to learn from the exceptional leaders who also serve in this capacity. On our regular conference calls, I hear delicious accents from time zones all around the world. Together, we seek to support, advise, and encourage our Director Michael Oh, who is also a long-time friend in ministry.

Ed: Tell me about your current role and what you do.

Philip: My lifelong calling is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ. At present, I serve as the eighth President of Wheaton College, where our mission is “to serve Jesus Christ and advance His Kingdom through excellence in liberal arts and graduate programs that educate the whole person to build the church and benefit society worldwide.”

I see my calling as to do what a president can do to maintain the theological orthodoxy, nurture the spiritual vitality, and promote academic excellence from one generation to the next. One of my primary ongoing prayers is for Wheaton College to become an even stronger school by the time I leave than when I started.

Ed: Tell me about the gospel and the church in your part of the world.

Philip: I see the gospel thriving in ...

Continue reading...



from
http://feeds.christianitytoday.com/~r/christianitytoday/ctmag/~3/jkuj-cEt-4w/one-on-one-philip-ryken-gospel-in-north-america-ed-stetzer.html

No comments:

Post a Comment