Monday 21 November 2016

Mark Your Calendar to Join Me at #Amplify2017: A National Evangelism Conference

Our super early bird rate of $129 is available through December 31.

If you regularly read this blog, follow me on Twitter, or know me personally, it is likely clear to you that in my mind, evangelism really matters. And I don’t just talk about it, or encourage you all to do it. I actually seek ways to share my faith often.

In fact, I recently encouraged my staff that we need to hold each other accountable to have gospel conversations every single week. It simply needs to be a priority for Christians today.

However, there are two problems we face: motivation and implementation. Some aren’t motivated and want to just leave it to others; others aren’t sure how to do it in a way that won’t turn people off.

Look, our culture needs Jesus. I can’t state it more clearly than that. People are desperate to know that there is something bigger than this life, and Someone who has their every care in His hands. Think people don’t want to hear? This past year, the Billy Graham Center for Evangelism and Lifeway Research conducted a survey among the unchurched. What we discovered demonstrates the great disparity of what we are doing vs. what we should be doing.

When unchurched people were asked if they would engage in a faith conversation if their friend wanted to talk about it, a whopping 80% said they would engage in the conversation! Good news, right? Until we lean into this statistic: when asked if a Christian had ever engaged them in a faith conversation, 70% of these same unchurched people said no.

Okay, so something is wrong here. Many non-Christians are open to talking about Jesus, but we aren’t opening our mouths. I believe this wounds the heart of God deeply, especially in light of the fact that one of His last recorded statements after His Resurrection was, ...

Continue reading...



from
http://feeds.christianitytoday.com/~r/christianitytoday/ctmag/~3/ahB3XYW5fZo/mark-your-calendar-to-join-me-at-amplify2017-national-evang.html

No comments:

Post a Comment