Tuesday 27 September 2016

Evangelical Views of the 2016 Election: Why I Resigned My Evangelical Leadership Roles to Support Hillary Clinton

Former National Association of Evangelicals board member endorses Mrs. Clinton.

My support of Hillary Clinton in this election is a direct result of my life’s unexpected journey that put me in unique situations in WDC government circles for the past 15 years. This provided me with what I believe to be “providential” opportunities and experiences to observe Hillary professionally in her career as a senator and as the Secretary of State.

Also on a more personal level, because Hillary and I shared close mutual friends, I have had opportunities and insights that contradict accusations of her “lacking character and strong values.” I also had opportunities to witness just how deep and personal her faith really is.

Knowing what I know and believing that “to whom much is given, much is required,” as much as I wanted to continue to stay away from “politics,” I knew that I needed to contribute in the unique way I was capable of doing. So for the first time in my life, I publicly endorsed a political candidate.

The path that led to my initial introduction and volunteer work with the White House, State Department, and Congressional offices in WDC surprisingly was the election of President G.W. Bush. As a stay-at-home mom who was active in the First Baptist Church of Midland, Texas, my husband and I had supported persecuted Christians globally for many years and I saw an opportunity with GWB being elected to highlight this issue.

This resulted in me becoming the liaison and director for human rights / religious freedom advocacy efforts for the evangelical churches from the President’s hometown of Midland, Texas, which gave me my first chance to observe Hillary when she was a senator.

This was when I saw her reach out in bi-partisan efforts to work with congressional ...

Continue reading...



from
http://feeds.christianitytoday.com/~r/christianitytoday/ctmag/~3/vgyv3yBX1Ss/why-i-support-hillary-clinton.html

No comments:

Post a Comment