Wednesday 21 September 2016

Interview with John Richards

new Managing Director of the Billy Graham Center for Evangelism

Ed: John, tell me a little bit about yourself, your previous work experience and your family life, your background.

John: I’ve been married to my wife, Sheridan, for seven years and we have two children, 6 and 18 months. My background is very interesting. I tell people I'm a recovering lawyer. I practiced law for about a decade before having an inclination to enter ministry full time. As a lawyer, I practiced criminal and civil law. I worked for some mid to large-size firms. Since then, I've worked at a church as a Director of Operations, and now I'm here at the Billy Graham Center.

Ed: What was it about this position that you found most interesting?

John: In this season of my life, I want to be very intentional about using the spiritual gifts that I do have. My top three spiritual gifts are teaching, leadership, and administration, so this particular position was a great combination of those three gifts in terms of running the day-to-day operations of the Center, and then also getting some opportunities to teach and lecture here in our Master's program.

Ed: What are three to four things that you want to accomplish here at the Center over the next few years?

John: First of all, I want to honor the legacy of the Center. It's been around since 1980. We know that Billy Graham's name is attached to the Center, which is really important for a lot of people. If we were to rewrite the Hebrews 11 ‘Faith Hall of Fame,’ it probably would have Billy Graham's name in there! In terms of being here at the Center, we want to honor his legacy of gospel-centered ministry and evangelism.

In addition, we are here on the campus of Wheaton College. Wheaton has been around for over 150 years, providing ...

Continue reading...



from
http://feeds.christianitytoday.com/~r/christianitytoday/ctmag/~3/UeqfAGYu590/interview-with-john-richards.html

No comments:

Post a Comment