Tuesday 30 October 2018

One-on-One with Dave Deuel on Disability Concerns and the Gospel Today

"I focus very specifically on identifying and helping young disability ministry leaders."

Ed: How long have you been involved in Lausanne International and what is your current role?

Dave: Although I have been interested in Lausanne for quite a few years, I first was invited to participate in Cape Town in 2010. I joined Lausanne in 2013 by personal invitation of Joni Eareckson Tada, who had held the position of Senior Associate of Disability Concerns from the inception of the issue group. Since then, the role of Senior Associate has changed as well as the title, which is now Catalyst of Disability Concerns.

After the Lausanne Young Leaders Gathering in Jakarta in 2016, I was invited to participate on the leadership team of the YLGen Mentor Community. The focus of my participation is on training and resources.

Ed: Tell me about your current roll and what you do.

Dave: As Disability Concerns catalyst, I focus very specifically on identifying and helping young disability ministry leaders. My role as Senior Research Fellow at the Christian Institute of Joni and Friends gives me an effective platform to assist in job placement, advanced education, ministry publications, and so forth.

My more recent Lausanne role as member of the leadership team of YLGen gives me the ideal position to mentor young disability leaders as well as facilitate the discipleship and mentoring of those young leaders. God has given me just the right combination of roles in Lausanne to do my work, which focuses specifically on developing young leaders for disability ministries.

Ed: Tell me about the gospel and the church in your part of the world.

Dave: As former Academic Dean of a consortium of 17 training ministries scattered around the world and over 60 daughter-training ministries, I have made contacts in and have ongoing commitments to quite a ...

Continue reading...



from
http://feeds.christianitytoday.com/~r/christianitytoday/ctmag/~3/z4s9UOta0Gc/one-on-one-dave-deuel-disability-concerns-gospel-today-ed-s.html

No comments:

Post a Comment